Hello Everyone, you all are welcome to our blog Gujrati Rotlo Food Recipes. In this blog, we will be learning Batata Poha Recipe in a detailed way and you can serve Batata Poha Recipe or બટાકા પૌવા to your musketeers, family and loved ones.
Before we move ahead with the form, let us share some information about our blog Gujarati Rotlo( ગુજરતી રોટલો) Food Recipes with you all. We started our food channel in September 2022, with a simple vision of letting every individual prepare their own food without being dependent on a house help cook/ home maker.
In this blog you’ll get regular updates on popular food recipes and all our food recipes will be fully pure vegetarian. We’re then to help you cook succulent refection with lower stress and further joy. We offer fashions and cuisine advice for home culinarians, starters, or educated ones.
Helping produce “ kitchen wins ” is what we ’re each about. Then you’ll get all the popular Gujarati, south Indian, north Indian, Chinese, and other food fashions.
What is Batata Poha Recipe ?
Batata Poha, a quintessential Indian breakfast dish, is a flavorful and hearty meal that originated in the state of Maharashtra. The term “Batata” refers to potatoes in Marathi, while “Poha” translates to flattened rice. This dish combines these two primary ingredients with an array of spices, herbs, and toppings to create a delicious and fulfilling breakfast option.
Typically prepared in most Indian households, Batata Poha is not only loved for its taste but also for its quick and straightforward preparation. The flattened rice is softened by rinsing and briefly soaking, and then stir-fried with seasoned potatoes, onions, and an aromatic blend of spices like mustard seeds, cumin, and turmeric. The addition of peanuts, curry leaves, and green chilies further enhances the dish’s flavors.
Batata Poha offers a perfect balance of textures and tastes – the fluffiness of the rice, the creaminess of the potatoes, the crunch of peanuts, and the spiciness of the chilies. It’s often garnished with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and topped with chopped coriander leaves for a burst of freshness. This dish not only serves as a delightful breakfast but also as a quick and wholesome snack, making it a cherished favorite across the country.
Ingredients used to prepare Batata Poha Recipe :
- Poha – 500 GMS
- Tomato – 02 PC
- Potato – 02 PC
- Onion – 02 PC
- Peanuts – 100 GMS
- Lemon – 01 PC
- Coriander leaf – Few
- Turmeric – 01 TSP
- Green chilly – 02 PC
- Curry leaf – Few
- Mustard & Cumin seed – 01 TSP
- Sugar – 02 TSP
- Besan sev – 100 GMS
- Salt – 01 TSP
- Groundnut oil – 08 TSP
Instructions for preparing Batata Poha Recipe :
- In a vessel, add groundnut oil & fry the peanuts until it turns golden brown.
- Remove the same in a plate & keep it aside.
- Now add the pieces of green chilly, curry leaf in the same oil.
- Add the potatoes in the vessel & let it saute well in the oil.
- After the potatoes are cooked, add onions in the vessel & cook for a while until it turns golden.
- Add salt, turmeric, (you can add red chilly powder its completely optional).
- Now cover it with a plate & let it saute for a few minutes until the spices & veggies mix completely.
- Now add sugar & lemon juice in the veggies mixture.
- Rinse the poha in a running water 2-3 times to remove the starch & drain the water completely.
- Place the rinsed poha in a large bowl.
- Add the soaked poha in the veggies mixture & mix well.
- You can adjust the salt as per the taste.
- Add the fried peanuts, tomatoes, besan sev in the poha.
- Your Batata Poha is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot in a plate & garnish the tomato, besan sev, peanuts on top for the crunchiest & delicious taste.
- Enjoy this delightful and flavorful Indian breakfast that’s rich in taste and quick to prepare!
Checkout our other Recipes:
- Dabeli recipe:
- Gundar Paak Recipe:
- 10 Min Spicy Hakka Noodles Recipe
- Kora Mag Nu Shaak Recipe
- Khatta Dhokla Recipe
- Surti Undhiyu recipe
- Methi Na Gota
- Rava Handvo
- 3 types of Thandai
- Dhani Mamra Chivda
- Chole Bhature
- Chaas Masala
- Kopra Paak
- Sabudana Cutlet
- Batata Vada
- Veg Fried Rice
- Veg Cheese Sandwich
- Variyali Sharbat Premix
- Veg Gravy Manchurian
- Rava Dosa Recipe
- Apple Milkshake Recipe
- Sabudana Batata Wafer
- Aam Ras Recipe
- Tendli Sabji Recipe
- Farali Sabudana Papad Recipe
- Chikoo Milkshake Recipe
- Keri Nu Khatu Athanu Recipe
- Golkeri nu Athanu Recipe
- Chana Dal Namkeen Recipe
- Keri No Chundo Recipe
- Mango Milkshake Recipe
- Pav Bhaji Recipe
- Instant Rava Masala Dosa
- Bateta Farali pattice
- Paneer paratha gujrati recipe
- Schezwan Cheese Frankie Recipe
- Milk Burfi Gujrati Recipe
- Gujarati Farali Handvo recipe
- Pani Puri Gujarati Recipe
- Kuler Recipe
- Panchamrut & Panjari Recipe in Gujrati
- Mandvi Paak Recipe
Batata Poha stands as a cherished Indian breakfast dish that seamlessly blends flattened rice (poha) and potatoes, offering a medley of flavors and textures. Originating from Maharashtra, it has gained popularity across the nation for its simplicity, taste, and quick preparation. The term “Batata” referring to potatoes in Marathi, aptly describes a key ingredient of this dish.
The process involves softening the poha and sautéing it with a mix of spices, seasoned potatoes, onions, and peanuts. The amalgamation of mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chilies adds depth to the flavor, while the garnish of lemon juice and fresh coriander leaves imparts a delightful zest. Served hot and often accompanied by sev, Batata Poha presents a wholesome and satisfying breakfast option that’s loved by both young and old.
Not only does Batata Poha represent a culinary tradition, but it also stands as a testament to the vibrancy and diversity of Indian cuisine. Its quick preparation and delicious taste make it a beloved choice for breakfast or a light snack, appealing to a wide array of taste preferences.