Hello Everyone, you all are welcome to our blog Gujrati Rotlo Food Recipes. In this article, we will be learning Homemade Rawa Handvo in 15 mins in a detailed way and you can make easy rava handvo and serve Gujarati Rava / Gujarati Handvo Recipe or ક્રિસ્પી હાંડવો to your friends, family and loved ones.
Before we move ahead with the recipe, let us share some information about our blog Gujarati Rotlo (ગુજરતી રોટલો) Food Recipes with you all. We started our food channel in September 2022, with a simple vision of letting every individual prepare their own food without being dependent on a house help / chef / home maker.
In this blog you will get regular updates on popular food recipes and all our recipes will be completely pure vegetarian. We are here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy. We offer recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, starters, or experienced ones.
Helping create “kitchen wins” is what we’re all about. Here you will get all the popular Gujarati, south Indian, north Indian, Chinese, and other food recipes
What is Rava Handvo?
Rava Handvo is a popular Gujarati snack. Traditionally Homemade Rawa Handvo is prepared from fermented batter by soaking dal and rice in 15 minutes. In this recipe, I prepared Gujarati handvo with Rava and regular spices.
Also, I prepared Easy Rava handva into regular Kadai and lots of vegetables and special tadka to make it healthy and tasty. So without any planning, it can be made quickly and served with your favorite chutney for breakfast recipe and dinner recipe. Do try this!
Ingredients used to prepare Homemade Rava Handvo Recipe :
- Rava – 500 gms
- Curd – 150 gms
- Green Peas – 100 gms
- Carrot – 02 pcs
- Onion – 02 pcs
- Corriander Leaf – Few
- Turmeric – 01 tsp
- Corriander Cumin Powder – 02 tsp
- Garlic Chutney – 02 tsp
- Salt – 01 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard & Cumin seed – 01 tsp
- White Til – 02 tsp
- Ginger & Green Chilly Paste – 01 tsp
- Water – 02 cup
- Groundnut oil – 06 tsp
- Cooking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Some Tips for Rava Handvo:
- It is recommended to add lots of sesame seeds to the seasoning for a wonderful flavour.
- To prevent the handvo from breaking while flipping the handvo, it should be taken out on a plate, and then its other (uncooked) side should be placed in the pan and cooked again.
- Take half cup of whisked curd, ½ to ¾ cup water, one cup of sooji and mix well. The batter should be on the thicker side of pouring consistency. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Then add all the grated and chopped vegetables, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and fruit salt.
- In a non-stick pan, add 2 tablespoon of oil and heat it for seasoning.
- Put the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and then peanuts in the pan followed by dry red chilli, curry leaves and lots of sesame seeds.
- If the batter is too thick, add 2 tablespoon of water.
- Pour the batter over the seasoning. Cover it with a lid and cook on low flame for 8 minutes.
- To flip the handvo, take it out on a plate so that it does not break.
- Again, add 1 tablespoon of oil and place the rava handvo in the pan (uncooked side down) and cook for another 8 minutes without covering with a lid.
- Instant Suji / Rawa Handvo is ready to be served with sauce/ketchup.
Checkout our other Recipes:
In conclusion, Gujrati Handvo Recipe is a quick and easy version of popular Gujarati snack. This is a no-bake recipe made on the stove top. It is crispy on the outside and soft inside. Semolina or sooji forms the base of this recipe along with yogurt and vegetables.
This is an easy to make dish that is perfect for snack or even a light meal. A perfect healthy breakfast or evening snack recipe for people who are in a rush and cannot make your Traditional rice dal Gujarati Rava Handvo, then try this Homemade Rawa Handvo in 15 mins Recipe. You will relish eating it.
So try making it at home today and enjoy the authentic taste of Gujarati Snack & enjoy the healthy breakfast/ evening snack recipes mainly prepared by Gujaratis.