Hello Everyone, you all are welcome to our blog Gujrati Rotlo Food Recipes. In this article, we will be learning How to make Dhani Mamra chivda which is also considered a Holi Special Dish in a detailed way. Before we move ahead with the recipe, let us share some information about our blog Gujarati Rotlo (ગુજરતી રોટલો) Food Recipes with you all.
We started our food channel in September 2022, with a simple vision of letting every individual prepare their own food without being dependent on a house help / chef / home maker.
In this blog you will get regular updates on popular food recipes and all our recipes will be completely pure vegetarian. We are here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy. We offer recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, starters, or experienced ones.
Helping create “kitchen wins” is what we’re all about. Here you will get all the popular Gujarati, south Indian, north Indian, Chinese, and other food recipes.
What is Dhani Mamra Chivda?
Dhani Mamra Chivda Recipe is a perfect time pass snack to munch on whenever you want. It’s gluten free, rich in fibers and a complete vegan snack.
It’s a signature Holi special recipe which is popular in every household. It’s a very simple dish, and tastes delicious too with all the benefits of jowar. Make this Dhani Mamra chivda for holi celebration and have fun.
Serve Dhani Mamra Chivda with hot Masala Chai to your guests.
Ingredients used to prepare Dhani Mamra Chevdo recipe:
- Dhani (Popcorn) – 200 gms
- Mamra – 200 gms
- Groundnut Seeds (Peanuts) – 100 gms
- Chana Dal (Fried) – 100 gms
- Curry Leaf – Few
- Cashew -10-12 pcs
- Groundnut oil – 08 tsp
- Turmeric – 01 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 01 tsp
- Salt – 01 tsp
- Cumin Seed – 01 tsp
- Urad Papad – 03 pcs
- Besan Sev – 100 gms
Instructions for Dhani Mamra Chevdo Recipe:
- Fry plain and coloured papad in the oil and keep them aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil again into the kadai and roast peanuts. Remove from kadai and keep it aside.
- Into the same pan, add curry leaves and when curry leaves start to splutter, turn off heat mmediately pour this on top of the popped jowar dhani.
- Now add the smaller pieces of broken papads , roasted peanuts into the popped jowar bowl. Using a spoon carefully mix them all together.
- Also add some sev, roasted fried Bengal gram dal, khara boondi and even puffed rice.
- Let it cool down completely and then store it in an air tight container.
- Serve Jowar Dhani Chivda with hot Masala Chai to your guests.
Checkout our other Recipes:
For the Gujaratis & Maharashtrians Holi celebrations are incomplete without this Dhani Mamra Chevdo which is made in large quantity & enjoyed by kids as well as the adults in the family. You can even pack this Dhani Mamra Chevdo in kids tiffin box & even can carry these along for munching which makes it perfect Indian dry food snack. These can be enjoyed as evening snack with the cup of hot tea.