Hello Everyone, you all are welcome to our blog Gujrati Rotlo Food Recipes. In this blog, we will be learning How to make Pav Bhaji Recipe in a detailed way and you can serve Pav Bhaji Gujarati Recipe or પાવભાજી બનાવવાની રીત to your musketeers, family and loved ones.
Before we move ahead with the form, let us share some information about our blog Gujarati Rotlo( ગુજરતી રોટલો) Food Recipes with you all. We started our food channel in September 2022, with a simple vision of letting every individual prepare their own food without being dependent on a house help cook/ home maker.
In this blog you’ll get regular updates on popular food recipes and all our food recipes will be fully pure vegetarian. We’re then to help you cook succulent refection with lower stress and further joy. We offer fashions and cuisine advice for home culinarians, starters, or educated ones.
Helping produce “ kitchen wins ” is what we ’re each about. Then you’ll get all the popular Gujarati, south Indian, north Indian, Chinese, and other food fashions.
What is Pav Bhaji Recipe ?
Pav bhaji is a popular Indian street food dish that originated in Maharashtra and has gained widespread popularity throughout the country. It consists of a rich and flavorful vegetable curry called “bhaji” served with soft bread rolls called “pav.”
The bhaji is made by boiling and mashing vegetables like potatoes, cauliflower, peas, carrots, and bell peppers. These vegetables are then cooked with a mixture of onions, tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, and a blend of spices known as pav bhaji masala. The spices typically include red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. The bhaji is cooked until the flavors meld together, resulting in a thick and luscious curry.
The pav bread rolls are usually toasted with butter on a griddle or tawa until they become golden and slightly crispy. They are served alongside the bhaji, often garnished with fresh coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice for added freshness and tanginess.
To enjoy pav bhaji, you tear off a piece of the pav, dip it into the bhaji, and savor the combination of flavors and textures. The soft and buttery pav perfectly complements the spicy and tangy bhaji, creating a mouthwatering culinary experience.
Pav bhaji is a versatile dish that can be customized to individual preferences. It can be made with additional ingredients like paneer (Indian cottage cheese) or served with toppings such as chopped onions, cilantro, or grated cheese.
Pav bhaji is not only a popular street food but also a favorite at home gatherings, parties, and even restaurants. It is loved by people of all ages and is often considered a comfort food. Its vibrant colors, aromatic spices, and the joy of dipping the pav in the flavorful bhaji make it a beloved and satisfying dish.
Ingredients used to prepare Pav Bhaji Recipe:
- Potato – 1/2 kg
- Green peas – 300 gms
- Onion – 200 gms
- Tomato – 200 gms
- Cauliflower – 100 gms
- Corriander leaf – few
- Ginger & Green chilly paste – 02 tsp
- Garlic paste – 02 tsp
- Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 02 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Hing (Asafoetida) – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 08 tsp
- Groundnut oil – 08 tsp
- Water – 01 glass
Pav bhaji masala ingredients:
- Corriander seeds – 04 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly – 03 pcs
- Tej pata – 02 pcs
- Cinnamon stick – 02 pcs
- Clove – 02 tsp
- Saunf – 02 tsp
- Black pepper seed – 02 tsp
Instructions for preparing Pav Bhaji Recipe:
- First cut the vegetables into medium size pieces (you can add your favor veggies) & boil the same in the cooker for about 5-6 whistle so that the veggies are able to mash. Also add salt in the cooker as per taste.
- Meanwhile prepare the pav bhaji masala on the other size of gas stove.
- Heat the pan, add corriander seeds, kashmiri red chilly, tej pata, cinnamon stick, clove, saunf & black pepper seed. Gradually roast the spices on a medium flame until you smell the aroma for about 5-8 minutes.
- After the spices are roasted remove it in a plate & grind the same in a mixture to form a powder.
- Keep the require quantity of the pav bhaji masala in bowl & rest you can store in an air tight container & it can last for about 06 months.
- Alongside check the pressure cooker & switch off the gas stove after the whistle.
- Now in a vessel, add the groundnut oil (you can take oil of your choice) & butter as well, after the oil heats up add the hing, garlic paste, ginger & green chilly paste stir it.
- Add the chopped tomato & onion in the vessel & let it simmer for about 5 minutes until the onion changes colour.
- Keep the gas flame high, add salt (as per the taste as we added before while boiling the veggies).
- Add turmeric, red chilly powder, pav bhaji masala (the one we made) in the mixture.
- Now after the tomato & onion is sauted well add the boiled veggies in the vessel & mix well.
- Let the bhaji simmer in the same under medium flame until the spices mixes with the veggies.
- Now remove the bhaji in the serving bowl & garnish with corriander leaf & butter on top.
- Heat the pan & spread butter on the hot griddle and place the sliced pav rolls on it. Toast the pav until they turn light golden brown and slightly crispy on both sides.
- Serve the hot pav bhaji with the toasted pav bread rolls, a dollop of butter on top, and lemon wedges on the side.
To enjoy pav bhaji, tear off a piece of the pav, dip it into the bhaji, and savor the delightful combination of flavors. You can also serve it with chopped onions, additional butter, or grated cheese on top if desired.
Pav bhaji is a versatile dish, and you can customize it by adding your favorite toppings or variations of vegetables. Enjoy this delicious and satisfying street food delicacy!
- Dabeli recipe:
- Gundar Paak Recipe:
- 10 Min Spicy Hakka Noodles Recipe
- Kora Mag Nu Shaak Recipe
- Khatta Dhokla Recipe
- Surti Undhiyu recipe
- Methi Na Gota
- Rava Handvo
- 3 types of Thandai
- Dhani Mamra Chivda
- Chole Bhature
- Chaas Masala
- Kopra Paak
- Sabudana Cutlet
- Batata Vada
- Veg Fried Rice
- Veg Cheese Sandwich
- Variyali Sharbat Premix
- Veg Gravy Manchurian
- Rava Dosa Recipe
- Apple Milkshake Recipe
- Sabudana Batata Wafer
- Aam Ras Recipe
- Tendli Sabji Recipe
- Farali Sabudana Papad Recipe
- Chikoo Milkshake Recipe
- Keri Nu Khatu Athanu Recipe
- Golkeri nu Athanu Recipe
- Chana Dal Namkeen Recipe
- Keri No Chundo Recipe
- Mango Milkshake Recipe
Pav bhaji is a flavorful and beloved Indian street food dish consisting of a vegetable curry called bhaji served with soft bread rolls called pav. The bhaji is made by cooking a mixture of mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, onions, tomatoes, and a blend of spices. The pav bread rolls are toasted with butter to a golden brown and crispy texture.
Pav bhaji is a versatile dish that can be customized to individual preferences. It is often garnished with fresh coriander leaves and served with a squeeze of lemon juice for added freshness. The combination of the spicy and tangy bhaji with the soft and buttery pav creates a delightful culinary experience.
Preparing pav bhaji involves cooking the bhaji with the mashed vegetables and spices, and toasting the pav bread rolls on a griddle. The bhaji is simmered to allow the flavors to meld together, and the pav is toasted until it becomes slightly crispy.
Pav bhaji is enjoyed as a street food delicacy, as well as a popular choice for gatherings, parties, and home meals. Its vibrant colors, aromatic spices, and the joy of dipping the pav in the flavorful bhaji make it a cherished and satisfying dish.
With this recipe, you can now create the delicious and comforting pav bhaji at home and savor its irresistible taste and textures. Enjoy this quintessential street food delight with family and friends!