Hello Everyone, you all are welcome to our blog Gujrati Rotlo Food Recipes. In this blog, we will be learning How to Make Sabudana Batata Wafers Recipe in a detailed way and you can serve Gujarati Sabudana Wafers Recipe or સાબુદાણા બટાકાની સેવ form to your musketeers, family and loved ones.
Before we move ahead with the form, let us share some information about our blog Gujarati Rotlo( ગુજરતી રોટલો) Food Recipes with you all. We started our food channel in September 2022, with a simple vision of letting every individual prepare their own food without being dependent on a house help cook/ home maker.
In this blog you’ll get regular updates on popular food recipes and all our food recipes will be fully pure vegetarian. We’re then to help you cook succulent refection with lower stress and further joy. We offer fashions and cuisine advice for home culinarians, starters, or educated ones.
Helping produce “ kitchen wins ” is what we ’re each about. Then you’ll get all the popular Gujarati, south Indian, north Indian, Chinese, and other food fashions.
What is Sabudana Batata Wafers Recipe?
Sabudana batata wafers are a popular Indian snack made from sabudana (tapioca pearls), potatoes, and spices. The mixture is formed into small discs and deep-fried until crispy. Sabudana batata wafers are a crispy and delicious snack that are commonly eaten during religious festivals or as an evening snack.
To make sabudana batata wafers, the sabudana and potatoes are soaked, mashed, and mixed together with spices like red chili powder, cumin, and salt. The mixture is then formed into small discs and deep-fried until crispy and golden brown. The wafers are then drained on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Sabudana batata wafers can be enjoyed on their own or with chutneys or dips. They are a gluten-free and vegan snack that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients used to prepare Sabudana Batata Wafers Recipe:
- Soaked Sabudana – 750 gms
- Boiled Potatoes – 01 kg
- Cumin Seed – 02 tsp
- Ginger & Green Chilly Paste – 02 tsp
- Salt – 02 tsp
- Water – 1.5 cup
Instructions for preparing Sabudana Batata Wafers Recipe :
- Rinse the sabudana in water and soak it in enough water to cover it for 7-8 hours. Drain any excess water and set it aside.
- Heat the Vessel, add the soaked Sabudana, also add water as per measurement mentioned, add salt and keep stiring on a medium flame until the sabudana turns transparent.
- Meanwhile grate the boiled potatoes as it helps in making crispy wafers.
- Keep checking the sabudana in between the intervals to avoid the stickiness in sabudana.
- Once the Sabudana turns transparent switch off the gas flame & add the grated potatoes in the vessel with the sabudana.
- Add the spices like cumin seed, Ginger & green chilly paste & mix well.
- Form a nice mixture of the sabudana & potatoes, the Big spoon stand still in the mixture then your consistency is perfect for making wafers. So be aware of that while making the mixture.
- This process should be done only in the time when sabudana are hot & not when it cools down.
- Now the mixture is ready, put the mixture in the copper instrument of making the wafers which has the wafer shape blade in it. (called sancho in gujrati) & close the lid.
- Now in a plastic sheet start making the wafers through that copper instrument (refer the video).
- Once all the wafers are properly placed in the plastic sheet let it cool down for about 2-3 days in the sunlight or even at your home but ensure that you give the sunlight for minimum 01 day so that it becomes well dried.
- After the days of drying the wafers, you can store them in a container for about 06-12 months.
- For frying the wafers, heat the oil in a pan over high flame.
- Carefully place the wafers in the hot oil and fry them until they turn golden brown. Flip them over occasionally to make sure they cook evenly on both sides.
- Once they are crispy and golden brown, remove the wafers from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Repeat the process with the remaining wafers.
- You can fry these wafers occationally or whenever you crave for the same.
- Serve the sabudana batata wafers with hot cup of Tea it taste delicious!!
- Dabeli recipe:
- Gundar Paak Recipe:
- 10 Min Spicy Hakka Noodles Recipe
- Kora Mag Nu Shaak Recipe
- Khatta Dhokla Recipe
- Surti Undhiyu recipe
- Methi Na Gota
- Rava Handvo
- 3 types of Thandai
- Dhani Mamra Chivda
- Chole Bhature
- Chaas Masala
- Kopra Paak
- Sabudana Cutlet
- Batata Vada
- Veg Fried Rice
- Veg Cheese Sandwich
- Variyali Sharbat Premix
- Veg Gravy Manchurian
- Rava Dosa Recipe
- Apple Milkshake Recipe
Sabudana batata wafers are a delicious and crispy Indian snack that are perfect for any occasion. Made from soaked sabudana (tapioca pearls), mashed potatoes, and spices, these wafers are shaped into small discs and deep-fried until golden brown. They can be enjoyed on their own or with chutneys and dips.
Sabudana batata wafers are a popular snack during religious festivals and fasting periods in India. They are gluten-free and vegan, making them a great option for those with dietary restrictions. The recipe is easy to make and can be customized with different spices and flavorings to suit your taste.
Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a party appetizer, sabudana batata wafers are a great choice. They are flavorful, crispy, and satisfying, and will leave you wanting more!