Hello Everyone, you all are welcome to our blog Gujrati Rotlo Food Recipes. In this blog, we will be learning Instant Rava Masala Dosa Gujarati Recipe in a detailed way and you can serve Rava Masala dosa recipe or ડોસા ખીરુ બનાવવાની રીત to your musketeers, family and loved ones.
Before we move ahead with the form, let us share some information about our blog Gujarati Rotlo( ગુજરતી રોટલો) Food Recipes with you all. We started our food channel in September 2022, with a simple vision of letting every individual prepare their own food without being dependent on a house help cook/ home maker.
In this blog you’ll get regular updates on popular food recipes and all our food recipes will be fully pure vegetarian. We’re then to help you cook succulent refection with lower stress and further joy. We offer fashions and cuisine advice for home culinarians, starters, or educated ones.
Helping produce “ kitchen wins ” is what we ’re each about. Then you’ll get all the popular Gujarati, south Indian, north Indian, Chinese, and other food fashions.
What is Rava Masala Dosa Recipe ?
Rava masala dosa is a popular variation of the traditional masala dosa, originating from South India. The main difference lies in the crepe batter, which is made using semolina (rava) instead of the traditional rice and lentil batter. This variation gives the dosa a unique texture and flavor.
To make rava masala dosa, a batter is prepared by combining semolina, besan (gram flour) sour yogurt(or buttermilk), and salt. Water is gradually added to achieve a smooth pouring consistency. The batter is then allowed to rest for some time.
For the potato filling (masala), boiled and mashed potatoes are cooked with onions, green chilies, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, curry leaves, and salt. This spiced potato mixture adds a flavorful and hearty element to the dosa.
To cook the dosa, a non-stick griddle or tawa is heated, and a ladleful of the rava dosa batter is spread in a circular motion to create a thin and crispy crepe. Oil is drizzled around the edges to enhance the crispiness. Once the dosa is cooked to a golden color, a portion of the potato filling is placed on one side of the dosa, and it is folded into a triangle or rolled into a cylinder.
Rava masala dosa is typically served hot with coconut chutney and sambar, a lentil-based vegetable stew. The dosa’s crispy texture combined with the flavorful potato filling and accompanying condiments makes it a delicious and satisfying meal.
This variation of masala dosa offers a quicker alternative as it does not require fermentation of the batter, unlike the traditional version. Rava masala dosa has gained popularity for its unique taste and is enjoyed by dosa enthusiasts all over the world.
Ingredients used to prepare Rava Masala Dosa Recipe :
- Boiled Potato – 300 gms
- Onion – 200 gms
- Curry leaf – few
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Corriander leaf – few
- Green chilly – 02-04 pcs
- Cumin seed – 01 tsp
- Salt – 01 tsp
- Hing (Asafoetida) – 1/2 tsp
- Groundnut oil – 04 tsp
- Rava – 750 gms
- Besan(gram flour) – 250 gms
- Buttermilk – 500 ml
- Water – 01 cup
- Salt – 01 1/2 tsp
- Cooking soda – 1/2 tsp
Instructions for preparing Rava Masala Dosa Recipe :
- In a mixing bowl, combine semolina, gram flour buttermilk. Add water if needed to make a smooth batter of pouring consistency. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, and curry leaves. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and green chilies to the pan and cook until the onions turn translucent.
- Add turmeric powder and mashed potatoes to the pan. Mix well and cook for a few minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt.
- Now your stuffing for dosa is ready, remove it in a plate.
- Now check the dosa batter, if the batter seems thick you can add water & adjust the consistency.
- Add salt & cooking soda in the batter. Cover it & let it rest for about 5-8 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or tawa. Pour a ladleful of the dosa batter and spread it in a circular motion to make a thin crepe. Drizzle oil around the edges and cook until the dosa turns golden and crispy.
- Spoon a portion of the potato filling onto one side of the dosa and fold it into a triangle or roll it like a cylinder.
- Serve the rava masala dosa hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
Rava masala dosa is known for its crispy texture and unique flavor. It is a delightful variation of the classic masala dosa and is enjoyed by dosa lovers all over.
- Dabeli recipe:
- Gundar Paak Recipe:
- 10 Min Spicy Hakka Noodles Recipe
- Kora Mag Nu Shaak Recipe
- Khatta Dhokla Recipe
- Surti Undhiyu recipe
- Methi Na Gota
- Rava Handvo
- 3 types of Thandai
- Dhani Mamra Chivda
- Chole Bhature
- Chaas Masala
- Kopra Paak
- Sabudana Cutlet
- Batata Vada
- Veg Fried Rice
- Veg Cheese Sandwich
- Variyali Sharbat Premix
- Veg Gravy Manchurian
- Rava Dosa Recipe
- Apple Milkshake Recipe
- Sabudana Batata Wafer
- Aam Ras Recipe
- Tendli Sabji Recipe
- Farali Sabudana Papad Recipe
- Chikoo Milkshake Recipe
- Keri Nu Khatu Athanu Recipe
- Golkeri nu Athanu Recipe
- Chana Dal Namkeen Recipe
- Keri No Chundo Recipe
- Mango Milkshake Recipe
- Pav Bhaji Recipe
Rava masala dosa is a delightful variation of the classic masala dosa, originating from South India. It features a crispy crepe made from a batter of semolina (rava),gram flour, giving it a distinct texture and flavor. The accompanying potato filling, cooked with spices and onions, adds a savory and satisfying element to the dosa.
Unlike the traditional dosa batter, the rava dosa batter does not require fermentation, making it a quicker option. The dosa is cooked on a hot griddle until it turns golden and crispy, and then filled with the flavorful potato masala. It is typically served hot with coconut chutney and sambar, creating a delicious combination of tastes and textures.
Rava masala dosa offers a delightful twist to the traditional recipe, appealing to those who enjoy the crispy texture and unique flavor of semolina. It has become a popular choice among dosa enthusiasts, providing a tasty and satisfying meal option for breakfast, brunch, or any time of the day.