Hello Everyone, you all are welcome to our blog Gujrati Rotlo Food Recipes. In this article, we will be learning Methi Na Gota Recipe / Methi na bhajiya Recipe at home in Gujarati in a detailed way and you can serve Perfect Soft and Crispy Methi na Gota / Methi na bhajiya to your friends, family and loved ones.
Before we move ahead with the recipe, let us share some information about our blog Gujarati Rotlo (ગુજરતી રોટલો) Food Recipes with you all. We started our food channel in September 2022, with a simple vision of letting every individual prepare their own food without being dependent on a house help / chef / home maker.
In this blog you will get regular updates on popular food recipes and all our recipes will be completely pure vegetarian. We are here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy.
We offer recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, starters, or experienced ones. Helping create “kitchen wins” is what we’re all about. Here you will get all the popular Gujarati, south Indian, north Indian, Chinese, and other food recipes.
What is Methi Na Gota/Methi na bhajiya ?
Methi na Gota/Methi na bhajiya is a Gujarati deep fried snack of savory and spiced fritters. Basically these fritters are made with besan a.k.a gram flour, fenugreek leaves (methi), banana, spices and herbs. These tasty snack is usually served as a snack during tea time. One of my most favorite snacks plain Methi na gotas are traditionally served with thick Kadhi.
The most famous gotas are from Dakor hence it is also called Dakor Na gota. If you ever happen to visit Dakor on a religious trip (land of Lord Krishna), you will find the gota mix being sold in stores by different vendors on the street.
They are as good as the home made ones. The Methi na gota/Methi na Bhajiya recipe that I am sharing with you guys are the best recipe ever- you won’t find any better, lighter or yummiest gotas anywhere in Gujarat.
Ingredients used to prepare Gujarati Methi Na Gota Recipe:
- Methi Bhaji – 100 gms
- Besan – 300 gms
- Corriander Leaf – Few
- Dhana – 02 tsp
- Turmeric – 01 tsp
- Corriander Cumin Powder – 01 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 01 tsp
- Garlic Paste – 01 tsp
- Lemon – 1/2 pc
- Ginger & Green Chilly Paste – 01 tsp
- Cooking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 01 tsp
- Sugar – 01 tsp
- Rava – 50 gms
- Groundnut oil – 01 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seed – 01 tsp
- Water – 01 cup
Making Methi Na Gota | Methi Na Bhajiya Recipe
1. Take a bowl; add chopped methi, ½ tsp salt and mix well, leave it for 10 minutes.
2. Take another bowl; add besan, suji, salt, baking soda, sugar, black pepper, carom seed, hing, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, whole coriander seeds and mix very well, keep aside.
3. Squeeze all water from methi/fenugreek leaves and then add in besan mixture. Add 2 tsp oil, chopped green chili, 1 tbsp curd or 1 tsp lemon juice and mix well.
4. Now add little by little water in mixture, mix well and make batter, make sure no lump. It should be thick. Mix properly and keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in the deep pan on medium flame.
6. Once oil is hot enough for frying, drop small –small balls in oil using your hand. And fry all side till golden brown.
7. Remove the fried balls (Gota) on paper towel.
8. Methi Gota is ready, serve hot with chutney, Kadhi, or tea.
Crispy and spicy Methi Pakora or Methi Na gota are one of the yummiest food items which will always remain in fashion. It’s a food which is on the go and can be prepared within minutes by anyone. Simply follow our easiest steps to make a mouth watering recipe for evening snacks.
Methi Na Bhajiya has a simple food preparation where you need only fresh methi leaves, besan and some spices. So what are you waiting for? Try making it at home today and don’t forget to mention your experience in the comments section.