Hello Everyone, you all are welcome to our blog Gujrati Rotlo Food Recipes. In this blog, we will be learning Mohanthal recipe with Jaggery in a detailed way and you can serve Mohanthal recipe with Jaggery or ગોળનો મોહનથાળ to your musketeers, family and loved ones.
Before we move ahead with the form, let us share some information about our blog Gujarati Rotlo( ગુજરતી રોટલો) Food Recipes with you all. We started our food channel in September 2022, with a simple vision of letting every individual prepare their own food without being dependent on a house help cook/ home maker.
In this blog you’ll get regular updates on popular food recipes and all our food recipes will be fully pure vegetarian. We’re then to help you cook succulent refection with lower stress and further joy. We offer fashions and cuisine advice for home culinarians, starters, or educated ones.
Helping produce “ kitchen wins ” is what we ’re each about. Then you’ll get all the popular Gujarati, south Indian, north Indian, Chinese, and other food fashions.
What is Mohanthal recipe with Jaggery ?
Mohanthal with jaggery is a delectable variation of the classic Indian sweet that introduces the deep, earthy sweetness of jaggery to this traditional recipe. This rich and fudgy dessert originates from Gujarat, where it is cherished during festivals and special celebrations.
In this version, the besan (gram flour) is skillfully roasted in ghee until it attains a golden hue, releasing a nutty fragrance that adds to the richness of the dish. The introduction of grated jaggery imparts a unique sweetness with hints of molasses and caramel, creating a flavor profile distinct from the version made with sugar.
The addition of milk ensures a smooth and creamy consistency, while the cardamom powder and saffron strands infuse the Mohanthal with aromatic warmth. The final touch of chopped nuts on the surface adds both texture and a delightful visual appeal.
As the Mohanthal sets in a tray, it transforms into a fudgy delight with a melt-in-your-mouth texture. Each bite is a harmonious blend of nutty gram flour, earthy jaggery, and the fragrant spices, making it a beloved treat that captures the essence of Indian sweet traditions.
Whether served during festivals, family gatherings, or as a sweet ending to a special meal, Mohanthal with jaggery stands as a testament to the artistry of Indian sweets, showcasing the diverse and enchanting flavors embedded in the country’s culinary heritage.
Ingredients used to prepare Mohanthal Recipe with Jaggery :
- Besan – 250 GMS
- Desi Ghee – 250 GMS
- Jaggery – 200 GMS
- Milk – 08 TSP
- Elaichi Powder – 01 TSP
- Almonds – 08-10 PC
- Pistachio – 08 -10 PC
- Cashew – 08-10 PC
- Coconut Powder – 04 TSP
Instructions for preparing Mohanthal Recipe with Jaggery :
- In a vessel, add besan flour, milk, desi ghee mix it & let it rest for 10-15 mins.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat ghee over low to medium heat.
- Add gram flour (besan) and roast it continuously, stirring to avoid lumps. Roast until the besan turns golden brown and you can smell a nutty aroma.
- Once the gram flour is roasted, add grated jaggery to the mixture. Continue stirring to combine.
- Continue to cook the mixture on low heat until it thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan. This may take around 15-20 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron strands (if using) to the mixture. Mix well.
- Also add dry fruits & keep some of them for garnishing.
- Grease a tray or plate with ghee. Transfer the thickened mixture to the tray and spread it evenly.
- Garnish the surface with chopped nuts, pressing them lightly into the mixture.
- Allow the Mohanthal to cool for a while. Once it is cool enough to handle but still warm, cut it into square or diamond-shaped pieces.
- Once completely cooled, store the Mohanthal in an airtight container. Serve and enjoy this delightful sweet treat!
This jaggery-based Mohanthal has a distinct earthy sweetness from the jaggery, making it a rich and satisfying dessert that’s perfect for festive occasions or as a sweet indulgence.
Checkout our other Recipes:
- Dabeli recipe:
- Gundar Paak Recipe:
- 10 Min Spicy Hakka Noodles Recipe
- Kora Mag Nu Shaak Recipe
- Khatta Dhokla Recipe
- Surti Undhiyu recipe
- Methi Na Gota
- Rava Handvo
- 3 types of Thandai
- Dhani Mamra Chivda
- Chole Bhature
- Chaas Masala
- Kopra Paak
- Sabudana Cutlet
- Batata Vada
- Veg Fried Rice
- Veg Cheese Sandwich
- Variyali Sharbat Premix
- Veg Gravy Manchurian
- Rava Dosa Recipe
- Apple Milkshake Recipe
- Sabudana Batata Wafer
- Aam Ras Recipe
- Tendli Sabji Recipe
- Farali Sabudana Papad Recipe
- Chikoo Milkshake Recipe
- Keri Nu Khatu Athanu Recipe
- Golkeri nu Athanu Recipe
- Chana Dal Namkeen Recipe
- Keri No Chundo Recipe
- Mango Milkshake Recipe
- Pav Bhaji Recipe
- Instant Rava Masala Dosa
- Bateta Farali pattice
- Paneer paratha gujrati recipe
- Schezwan Cheese Frankie Recipe
- Milk Burfi Gujrati Recipe
- Gujarati Farali Handvo recipe
- Pani Puri Gujarati Recipe
- Kuler Recipe
- Panchamrut & Panjari Recipe in Gujrati
- Mandvi Paak Recipe
- Batata Poha Recipe
- Milk Modak Gujrati Recipe
- Aaloo Samosa Recipe
- Sprouts Salad Recipe
- Rava no Shiro
- Moong dal Bhajiya Recipe
- Vrat wali Aloo Tikki Recipe
- Laapsi Gujrati Recipe
- Doodh Poha Recipe